Read a Copy of the Waiver
The Black Widow’s notice to all runners: You must READ this and SIGN this notice or you DON’T RUN — no exceptions:
Please sign to indicate your agreement to each of the following:
1. I understand and accept the risk that participating in MaxMuscle/Tire Factory Black Widow Mud & Sun Run is a hazardous activity that presents extreme obstacles including, but not limited to mud pits, climbing walls, sand pits & hills, potholes, uneven grounds, water hoses & sprinklers, cargo climbs, flying water balloons, and muddy, slippery steep hills.
2. I understand that this run will/may require me to run, climb, descend, crawl, balance, and wade through, jump, swing and slide.
3. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
4. I understand there may be optional obstacles involving the consumption of alcohol, and I agree not to participate in such activities unless I am at least 21 years of age and not taking any medications or substances that cannot be taken with alcohol.
5. I agree to follow and accept any decision of a run official relative to my ability to safely complete the race. This decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree that lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
6. I assume all risks associated with competing in MaxMuscle/Tire Factory Black Widow Mud & Sun Run including, but not limited to, slips, falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, completing all obstacles, any defects or condition of premises, or obstacles, the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity. All such risks being known, assumed and appreciated by me.
7. I agree that Townsquare Media, Tire Factory, MaxMuscle, Horn Rapids Motorsports Complex, City of Richland or the event’s sponsors or advertisers are not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost or stolen at or during the event.
8. Starting the Run implies my consent for any emergency medical care, or transportation in order to obtain treatment, in the event of injury to me, as deemed necessary by on-site medical professionals. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
9. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me in the race, and children under the age of 12 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in the race unless a parent or guardian signs the waiver on their behalf.
10. I grant full permission to Townsquare Media, Tire Factory, MaxMuscle, Horn Rapids Motorsports Complex, City of Richland, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose including, but not limited to, promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of Townsquare Media.
11. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds, with the exception of individuals called up for military or police service. Documentation will be required for those exceptions and will still be granted at the sole discretion of the Run Officials. .
12. The official run directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race. In the event of cancellation or change, there will be no refunding of entry fees.
13. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. Townsquare Media, Tire Factory, MaxMuscle, Horn Rapids Motorsports Complex, City of Richland may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behavior endangers the safety of, or negatively affects a run, a person, an obstacle, a facility or property of any type or kind.
14. I agree to indemnify Townsquare Media, Tire Factory, MaxMuscle, Horn Rapids Motorsports Complex, City of Richland, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions or participation.
15. I understand that some of the obstacles may go through water or mud, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease.
16. I assume risk of wild animals and insects that may be present on the course.
17. I agree to not dive into or enter the mud pit head first.
18. (Please Check One) _____ I am at least 18 years old, OR _____ I am under the age of 18 and in addition to me my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms.
Waiver & Release of all claims & assumption of risk
I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants in MaxMuscle/Tire Factory Black Widow Mud & Sun Run, and I voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that my minor child/ward or I may sustain as a result of said participation. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I or my minor child/ward may have (or accrue to me or my child/ward) as a result of participating in these activities against Black Widow Mud & Sun Run including its officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, employees, of Townsquare Media, Tire Factory, MaxMuscle, Horn Rapids Motorsports Complex, City of Richland I do hereby fully release and forever discharge Black Widow Mud & Sun Run from any and all claims for injuries, illnesses, damages, expenses, or loss that my minor child/ward or I may have or which may accrue to me or my minor child/ ward and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the race, program or activities. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my online signature shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if the signature of an adult participant or parent/guardian and date are not signed at the time and place of the race. Black Widow Mud & Sun Run is committed to conducting its race and activities in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in high regard. Black Widow Mud & Sun Run continually strives to reduce such risks and insists that all participants follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect the participants’ safety. However, participants and parents/guardians of minors registering for the race, programs/activities must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs. I am solely responsible for determining if I or my minor child/ward is physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this agreement. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I do hereby fully release and forever discharge Black Widow Mud & Sun Run from any and all claims for injuries, damages or loss that my minor child/ward or I may have or which may accrue to me or my minor child/ward and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with these programs/activities.
I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
_______________________ ___________________________ _____________________
Name (Printed) Name (Signed) Date
ONLY COMPLETE BELOW SECTION IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF A PARTICIPANT UNDER THE AGE OF 18:
I, the parent or guardian of the above named participant, hereby give my approval to this child’s participation in the race and its activities. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation in Black Widow Mud & Sun Run, and I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless Black Widow Mud & Sun Run, its officers, heirs, assigns, administrators, personal representatives and executors, firms, corporations, businesses, and past and present employees, owners, agents, shareholders, volunteers, administrators, sponsors, supervisors, participants and all sponsors, their representatives and successors and others persons, for any claim arising or of an injury to my/our child and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, contracts, controversies, covenants, agreements, promises, damages, costs, expenses, responsibilities, of whatsoever kind, nature or description, whether, direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or connected with my child(ren)’s participation in this event. I consent to the foregoing and grant permission for him/her to participate in Black Widow Mud & Sun Run. I acknowledge I have carefully read, accepted and agreed to the terms on this Release and Liability waiver, and know and understand their contents and I sign the same on my own free act and deed.
______________________________ ___________________________ _______________
Child Name (Printed) Parent or Guardian Signature Date